for the first 13 years, but have not worked for the past 8 years, & don’t plan to, as I saved up enough for retirement. I know the AUA have a very strucured approach which suits some and puts off others, so may be worth checking out. This visa is a visa of your own as long as you remain married to your wife. You can renew or extend your non immigrant O visa at the Chaengwattana Immigration Office. A re-entry permit can be secured from a Thai Immigration Office or International Airport. Generally, you’ll only be given a few days notice to be available for interviews which happen through the process, so if you are stuck overseas, then this may create issues in you getting back in time. Thanks you. Once you have gathered all the correct documents, the special branch people will actually fill out the required forms etc, so no legal expertise needed on that side from you either. But my assignment was finished in a Thai company last June this year and I no longer get income in Thailand. I understand I can stay 30 days on my passport. Thailand marriage visa is the type of visa granted to eligible foreigner spouse of Thai citizens. I may be outside Thailand when my one year Visa extension (based on marriage) comes up for renewal. For information, please visit the website below: Dear Consultant, I already know that process. I live in Pattaya, do i need to apply in bkk by moving my tabien baan there? Meeting the requirement for Thai marriage visa to prove that you are financially able to support your stay in Thailand is not the same for all the immigration offices in Thailand. Do you have any suggestions as to whom I should petition to get the law changed to facilitate retirees getting citizenship? Dear all, Is there a way to citizenship for me? Good day. So you just got married, or you are considering getting married and wondering what the benefits will be in terms of your visa situation. The Thai marriage visa holder is entitled permission to stay for a full year in Thailand without the need to exit the country. The key ‘shortcuts’ are outlined in Sections 11 of the Act above and in plain english mean: Although Section 11 refers to waving the Thai language requirement, in practice this has meant that the singing portion of the test isn’t applied to those married to Thai’s. I am working as a English teacher through a agency, the agency can provide me work permit as well as Non “B” visa too. Legally married in Thailand for at least a year(must have a baby together with DNA report) 3. I was just wondering. So, for the visa, you can do the Thai Marriage Visa Route. Getting it is a formality for the purposes of getting citizenship – so no stress there unless you really want to change it on all your ID documents. You can apply to live in Thailand long term if you are married to a Thai or if you have a Thai child or children. Check with the Thai embassy in your home-country beforehand. As the name of the visa itself, Thai Marriage Visa can be obtained by those who have registered marriage with a Thai Citizen. Of course, even with a multiple entry Non Immigrant O visa, if you extend your visa using the financial requirements route (discussed below), this will allow you to stay for 1-year and require you to do 90-day reporting, rather than having to leave the country. Hi Chris, Thanks for all the valuable information on the website. 1. Thanks, Tony. On this page, you state that this process applies to a foreign husband, and it seems the legislation states that too. Greatly appreciated. They will need the following documents for the extension for the visa. so much, Chris. As query is different than your reply. Also thank you for letting me about the broken link. As for services, we don’t actually, but that is the purpose of the website, so people can do it themselves. Just a formality or will be used somewhere on some ID or document? For example: a child is born; you change jobs or retire; your passport expires; you move to another province. Thai Citizenship © 2020. Dear Consultant, Pls understand situation. > Find a Job Depending on the type of your visa or entry stamp given to you when you entered Thailand, you may only be allowed to extend your stay for 7 days. If you do not have 400,000 Thai baht, you cannot apply for the 1 year marriage visa. Jokes aside, there is some benefit, and that is the opportunity to stay on a long (er) term basis. I have $ 7,000 in a Thai Bank and earn Am I right? If your wife will come to Thailand under a Thai passport, you, as the spouse will be able to apply for a marriage visa. I hold postgraduate degrees from University. The amount used to be about 42,000 Baht per month but because I am married to and living with a Thai lady, the Australian Government laws say I cannot be paid the full pension. Not being based in Thailand for work and with no ongoing extensions of stay I think it might be a bridge too far. I am good at learning languages generally (although I never attempted a tonal language before…), but I have found that my individual efforts at home with a book and CD did not get me very far, and my wife and entire native speaking entourage cannot help much, it appears.